(1) Jesse Livermore was born July 26, 1877. Some other events that took place in this year were: Queen Victoria became Empress of India, Crazy Horse fought his last battle with the US Cavalry, Mars’ outer moon Phobos was discovered and Thomas Edison invented the phonograph.
(2) From his earliest days, Livermore spent the money he took from the markets freely – enjoying the sort of lifestyle more usually associated with Hollywood’s biggest stars.
(3) He was a cigar smoker.
(4) His favorite hobby was fishing and he also enjoyed hunting and playing golf.
(5) He took long vacations – often in Florida for a month or more in winter – or sailing to European resorts in his ocean-going yacht.
(6) He believed his breaks from routine – when sailing or fishing – allowed him to have some of his best ideas.
(7) He was a three-times married womanizer.
(8) Throughout his life, he suffered from clinical depression.
(9) Jesse Livermore died, aged 63, on November 28, 1940. Some other events that took place in this year were: Germany invaded France, Winston Churchill become Prime Minister of the UK and Franklin D. Roosevelt was re-elected US president.